Monday, March 28, 2011

Pastor Fired - More of the Truth

A couple red flags went up in my mind as I read the article that was plastered around the blogosphere and other social media. My red flags were, 1. A UM Pastor cannot be 'fired' without brought up on charges by the district/conference. The fact that pastors can push the laity's theological buttons and preach freely from the pulpit is one of the things I love about the UM system. This told me something else must have been happening. 2. For one post on a blog or FB to cause this must trouble to me was a sign of other issues in the clergy/church relationship coming to a head in this one situation.

As I pondored I stumbled across this article on UMC.org that goes into more detail about why the pastor was removed from this appointment. Things make better sense now.

No comments: