Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm Coming Out

I have decided, after much deliberation, that I am coming out. My name is Jim Parsons. That's right I'm going to drop the Rev. J and go with my name. I have started to think about why I went with Rev. J. I did it mainly because I wanted to be anonymous online. I was a little hesitant to put myself out there, but over two years later it is not as scary. Actually I want to get a little more out there, for the sake of transparency.

I have noticed that because of my Facebook page, some of my friends are reading this blog too. If I have people who know me reading this then why go by Rev. J. There are people who refer to my real name anyway, like John and Allan. Plus if I happen to run into people from the blogosphere in real life, I want them to know me for me, not Rev. J, which no one ever calls me.

For the sake of transparency too, there is a little ego involved. I noticed that someone quoted me in their sermon (in Texas). On the rare occasion I have a good idea, I guess I would like my name attached to it too.

So, I'm out and boy do I feel better. I'll be signing my posts as Jim now. This should make it easier for the Bishop to see my heresies and remove me from my post.

- Jim

2 comments:

Craig L. Adams said...

Well, good for you! Thanks for letting us know who you are, Jim.

Rev. Jeremy Smith said...

Jim, that's why I started my blog. I had an anonymous one for a long time, but I wanted transparency and accountability.

So hi, I'm Jeremy. :-) Welcome to the Light Side!