Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hell House

It is Halloween and the tricks have been going on all around the nation. They proclaim that this show will scare the heaven into people. But I am weary. I am weary because scare tactics reek of faulty theology and emotionally manipulative ‘evangelism’. I went to a play once that seemed to be patterned after these ‘hell houses’ or vice versa. During the play people made bad decisions and were sent to hell. Then at the end of the play there was a chance for people to make the right decision and make Jesus their savior.

Does this evangelism really make true disciples? How does one leave a hell house or judgment play willing to walk with Christ? There is nothing about loving God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength and loving your neighbor as yourself. Watching the play truly turned me off to that type of evangelism, it I wasn’t already a Christian before going to it, I wonder if I ever would have.

CAUTION, this video is gross in places and made me throw up in my mouth for various reasons…

No comments: