Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Charge Conference Over

Well after all the paper work, the scrambling to learn who has what information, and wondering how the DS would run the meeting it is over. It went very well and I was very pleased with the results. I was very impressed with our DS and he made the event very casual and laid back. That put my mind at ease. You never know if your DS is going to be laid back and understanding or demanding and uptight. I think the people who attended (which wasn't a bad crowd) enjoyed themselves as much as you can during a charge conference.

Our church has been through a lot in the first six months because I am the third pastor in 2007. After their pastor was 'let go' do to an 'accident' they had two interim ministers before I was appointed. It has been a blessing to see the changes, the relief and the willingness to move forward in my first three months here. I think God has a lot in store for this church and it was good to see God working through our holy conferencing.

No comments: